The world is truly saddened for the loss of a true passionate leader who had helped changed the world – Nelson Mandela.
Even in the confines of his own cell, Nelson Mandela’s incarceration for 27 years by smashing apartheid in his home country (South Africa) had paved the way to bring balance in the scale of social equality. Discrimination and many other social injustices were exposed in the eyes of the world causing an awakening in humanity’s desire for egalitarianism that shaped the succeeding generation’s consciousness for social justice.
To pay homage to Mandela’s legacy, I have collected what I consider as his 10 most powerful quotes.
1. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
2. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. The brave man is not that he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
3. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling a life that is less than you are capable of living.”
4. “We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always right to do it.”
5. “Money won’t create success. The freedom to make it will.”
6. “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.”
7. “Courageous people do not fear of forgiving, for the sale of peace.”
8. “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.”
9. “It always seems impossible until it’s done. “
10. “As I walked out the door to the gate that will lead to my freedom, I knew that if I didn’t leave my hatred and bitterness behind, I’d still be in prison.”